The WCSW Conservation District can assist you in developing an educational event in land management and conservation topics including:
- Invasive Plants: Biology and Control, Mapping and Management
- Topics in Midcoast Maine ecology
- Conservation Land Management
- Eco Landscaping
- Wetlands/Shorelands/Ponds and Lakes: Enhancement, Protection, Restoration, Construction
- Urban Ecology (town level environmental management)
- Citizen Science
- Pollinator Habitat, Pollinator Management on Farms
- Other topics
Please contact us for more information. Both indoor presentations and seminars and field activities are available.
Upcoming and Recent Workshops:
January 25 Small Scale Winter Timber Harvesting See our Calendar for more information.
February date TBD Managing a Maple Sugarbush
April 5 All About Landscaping for Nature
December 28 The Forest in Winter Nature Walk
May 10 Exotic Plant Invaders of Coastal Maine – Sebasticook Regional Land Trust
May 13 Restoration of a De-watered Dam Removal Area Part 1: Invasive Plant Assessment – Masse Dam, Vassalboro, Maine
June 10 Citizen Science Opportunities on Sears Island 10am – 2pm on Sears Island
June 12 Stream Water Quality Quality Workshop for CCC 10:30am-12:30pm, Sears Island
Ongoing Working with Your Woodland Series See Calendar for more information. Workshops on harvest, management for changing economic conditions, wildlife habitat enhancement, sugarbush management, forest ecology and more.